Precise Positioning Systems
With the growing developments in automotive technology, the need for accurate, reliable and robust ground reference has emerged. Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) + Inertial Navigation Systems (INS) are an essential component of achieving high accuracy ground truth, mobile mapping and real-time precise positioning for autonomy. We deliver NovAtel SPAN® GNSS+INS technology in easy-to-integrate packages designed to determine truth trajectories and benchmark your autonomous solution.
The Interference Toolkit (ITK) provides the functionality to monitor, quantify and remove those unintentional interference sources that impact receiver performance. ITK has built-in features to pre-survey demonstration sites, scan for possible interference sources within the vehicle and remove interference.
ITK includes two main components:
1. Spectrum analysis output
Plot signal levels on the vertical axis over a range of frequencies on the horizontal axis. The spectral analysis tools show how much signal power is being sensed across the different GNSS frequency bands. When an interference signal is present it can be visualized in the spectral analysis plot.
2. Advanced signal processing and digital filtering
Mitigate and remove interference with built-in software, applied signal processing and digital filters. These processing techniques suppress interference, allowing the GNSS signals to track and the receiver to continue to operate normally.
Why use ITK for Ground Truth?
• To pre-survey demonstration areas to identify and remove possible sources of interference
• To identify interference sources within the vehicle
• To remove interference with built-in filters
Waypoint Software provides an ideal solution for applications that require accurate post-mission position, velocity or attitude. Post-processing with Waypoint maximizes the accuracy of the ground truth trajectory by processing forward and reverse in time, backsmoothing and combining the results. It provides the ability to assess the solution reliability and accuracy with extensive quality analysis and plotting tools.
Why use Waypoint for Ground Truth?
- It maximizes accuracy of GNSS+INS test trajectories
- It provides the ability to offset and transform between reference datums
- Export profiles are customizable to meet varying needs
- Real-time and post-processed quality can be compared
- It is easy to export to Google Earth for test review